About A Coventry Way Association
Formed in the late 1990’s A Coventry Way Association promotes the 40-mile circular countryside route around Coventry officially known as A Coventry Way.
Our aims are
- to introduce the public to long distance walking and promote A Coventry Way (ACW) as a long distance route for the benefit of the community
- to support local authorities in maintaining ACW through a volunteer organisation of working parties
- to organise an annual walk to encourage all abilities of recreational walkers to experience the countryside around Coventry. The event includes a Challenge that appeals to athletes as well as competitive walkers.
- to encourage the use of public transport to get into the countryside near Coventry
- to introduce people to long-distance walking, and to acquaint walkers with other long distance paths in the vicinity eg. Centenary Way, Heart of England Way and the Coventry to Oxford Canal Trail
We publish a booklet containing detailed maps and route instructions for 21 Circular Walks, all of which are accessible from A Coventry Way.
We produce The Green Book which contains 18 maps and route directions for those wishing to navigate the 40-mile circular walk A Coventry Way.
We support several local charities by donating part of the profits from the sale of our publications and surpluses from our Challenge events.